Coffee BBQ Marinade for Baby Back Ribs Recipe
2 hours 25 Minutes
Coffee adds wonderful complex notes to this BBQ rib marinade.
Coffee BBQ Rib Marinade:
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp ground coffee or espresso
- 1 tbsp each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 racks baby back ribs, each cut in half
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (approx)
- Coffee BBQ Rib Marinade: Mix together oil, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, ketchup, coffee, salt, pepper, brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, smoked paprika, oregano, cayenne, allspice, and cinnamon.
- BBQ Ribs: Fill FoodSaver Containers with the marinade and ribs; turn the valve to the marinate setting, connect the FoodSaver Handheld Sealer and press the Marinate button. Allow the sealer to run a 12-minute cycle to infuse ribs with marinade.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Wrap marinated ribs in heavy-duty foil to enclose completely. Place on baking sheet; bake for about 2 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Preheat grill to medium heat; grease grates well. Grill ribs, turning and basting with barbecue sauce, for about 10 minutes or until heated through, charred, and glazed with sauce.
- Cut into 3-bone portions; arrange on serving platter. Serve with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.
- This marinade is awesome for ribs, but it works equally well with pork shoulder, beef brisket, steaks, and chicken. If slow cooking big cuts of meat, add 1 to 2 cups liquid, such as water, broth, or beer. After marinating, grill, roast, or slow cook, depending on the cut of the meat that is used.
- Instant coffee can be swapped for the ground coffee or espresso.
Per 1/6 recipe
Total Fat 27g
Saturated Fat 9g
Dietary Fiber 1g
Total Sugars 9g
Vitamin D 1.4mcg
Nutrition note: estimated 25% of the marinade is used for the ribs with the remainder discarded.
Lunch And Dinner