Chimichurri Marinated Skirt Steak
15 Minutes (+10 to rest)
The name may be difficult to say five times fast, but there won’t be any complaints when you taste this flavor-packed classic.
Nick DiGiovanni at @nick.digiovanni
FoodSaver® Multi-Use Handheld Vacuum Sealer & Preserve & Marinate Containers
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small red chili, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 lb skirt steak
- In a blender, combine the parsley, garlic, shallot, dried oregano, small red chili, red wine vinegar and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth.
- On a cutting board, season skirt steak liberally with salt and pepper.
- Add steak to FoodSaver Preserve and Marinate Containers, then add the marinade.
- Place the lid on securely, turn the valve to “marinate.”
- Remove the reservoir located on the bottom of the handheld sealer.
- Insert accessory port located on the bottom of the handheld sealer firmly into the center of the valve on the container.
- Press and release the “marinate” button to start the marinate cycle, marinating for 12 minutes.
- Remove the marinated skirt steak from the container and in a cast iron pan or over a grill, cook for about 2 to 4 minutes per side until cooked to desired temperature.
Watch Nick make this recipe on our YouTube Channel.