Chicken Tinga Recipe
Cooked in the Crockpot™ Express Pressure Cooker, this Mexican shredded chicken filling is a simple dish that’s quick and easy to make.
Featured Product: the FoodSaver® FM5200 Vacuum Sealer
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp all-purpose adobo seasoning
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 12 corn tortillas, warm
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted, and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Chicken Tinga: Toss together chicken, tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, tomato paste, oil, adobo seasoning, chili powder, and cumin.
- Seal according to appliance guidelines.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, or freeze (thaw in refrigerator before cooking).
- Remove from vacuum bag; add chicken tinga mixture and 1 1/2 cups water to Express Pressure Cooker. Lock the lid. Select Pressure Cook/Manual setting on High Pressure for 8 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, Quick Release the pressure.
- With lid off, Select Sauté and set to Medium temperature. Bring to boil; cook sauce for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Tacos: Serve chicken in warm tortillas. Top with avocado, red onion, crumbled feta, roasted red peppers, and cilantro.
Tip: Alternatively, serve on a bed of steamed rice.
Per 1/12 recipe (1 taco)
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Total Sugars 2g
Vitamin D 0.1mcg
✔Good source of fiber
Lunch And Dinner