Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Burgers Recipe
These mouthwatering ground beef and bacon burgers are cooked sous vide, then finished on the grill for the ultimate summer barbecue favorite.
Featured Product: FoodSaver® FM5000 Series 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System and Starter Kit
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese block
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 2 thick slices double-smoked bacon, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp steak seasoning
- 4 burger buns, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 thick slices tomato
- 4 round red onion slices
- 16 slices bread-and-butter pickles
- Cut cheddar cheese block into 4 large cubes; set aside. Mix together beef, bacon, and steak seasoning; divide into 4 portions. Roll each portion into ball; press cheese cube into each burger, wrapping the meat around it, to completely enclose the cheese. Shape each portion into 3/4-inch-thick patties.
- Individually seal burgers using the according to appliance guidelines. Fill cooking pot with water. Add sous vide machine; set to 160 degrees F for well-done burgers. Lower vacuumed bag into heated water, weighing down to submerge if necessary. Set timer to 40 minutes or up to 3 1/2 hours.
- Carefully remove bag from water; let stand for 5 minutes before opening and removing burgers.
- Preheat grill to high heat; grease grate well. Grill burgers for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until well-marked and heated through.
- Assemble burgers in buns with mayonnaise, barbecue sauce, mustard, lettuce, tomato, onions, and pickles.
- Substitute provolone, Gouda, or Gruyère for cheddar cheese on the bacon burger
- As a variation, top burgers with your favorite toppings
Per 1 burger
Total Fat 38g
Saturated Fat 14g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Total Sugars 11g
Vitamin D 0.8mcg
✔Good source of calcium
✔Good source of iron
Lunch And Dinner