How To Save Time Baking Cookies
Baking can take up a lot of your time. This is especially true when parties and other engagements fill your calendar. However, you can't let a busy schedule stop you and your family from enjoying delicious baked goods! With the FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System, you can make dough when you have the time, save it, and bake it when the moment is right. Just follow the steps below to find out how.
Chunky Chocolate Dough to Save
This recipe is full of big chocolate chunks that will satisfy the all of the guests at your next party. When you have some free time during the week, whip it up and vacuum seal it for later! Did a last minute house guest arrive for the weekend? Welcome them with a fresh batch of cookies in a matter of minutes.
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chunks.
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, cornstarch and baking soda.
2. In another bowl, stir together the sugars, butter, egg, extra egg yolk and the vanilla extract.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients until the mixture is consistent throughout.
4. Fold in the chocolate chunks until they are well distributed.
5. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours. Even if you're going to put the dough in the freezer, you must follow this step!
6. Remove the dough from the bowl and place it in a FoodSaver® Brand bag.
7. Vacuum seal the bag and then use a marker to write the date on it so you don't forget. The dough will last for several months when stored in the freezer.
8. When you're ready to bake, remove the dough from the freezer and leave it at room temperature for 2 hours, or until it becomes softened..
9. Heat your oven to 325 degrees.
10. On a lined baking sheet, place 3-tablespoon-size-balls of dough in rows, spaced about an inch apart from one another.
11. Bake for 11 minutes or until the cookies just begin to turn golden brown and the chocolate chunks are melted.
12. Serve and enjoy!