FoodSaver FM5480 2-in-1 Food Preservation System
This item is currently not available online.
100 FRESHBUCKS™ FOR EVERY $1
20% OFF WITH CODE SAVE20
The FoodSaver FM5000 Series 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System has new features like express bag maker, PulseVac, and vacuum view window. See More...
With newly designed features, the FoodSaver FM5480 2-in-1 Food Preservation System makes it easier than ever to keep food fresh up to 5x longer (compared to ordinary storage methods) and save up to $2700 per year (based on buying in bulk, buying on sale, and preventing waste). It reduces bag-making steps by 50%, taking the time and guesswork out of bag making and sealing, along with reducing over 30% of roll waste when compared to previous FoodSaver Food Preservation Systems. Plus, the system provides 2-in-1 versatility for freezer, fridge, and pantry storage.
- Keep food fresh in the freezer up to 5x longer and in the fridge or pantry up to 2x longer, compared to ordinary storage methods
- Reduces bag-making steps by 50%, taking the time and guesswork out of bag making and sealing, along with reducing over 30% of roll waste when compared to previous FoodSaver Food Preservation Systems
- PulseVac™ allows manual start and stop to control air removal, helping to seal delicate foods without crushing them
- Handheld sealer seals FoodSaver zipper bags, canisters, and containers, and marinates food in minutes
- The Vacuum View Window enables you to see where you seal for optimal control and reduces over 30% of roll waste when compared to previous FoodSaver Food Preservation Systems
- The Lower Seal and Cut Bar automatically create a seal, making batch sealing and bulk storage faster and easier
- Starter Kit includes (1) 11” x 10’ vacuum seal roll, (5) 1-quart vacuum seal bags, (6) 1-quart vacuum zipper bags, (5) 1-gallon vacuum zipper bags, (1) wine stopper, and (1) lunch & leftover container
FoodSaver FM5480 2-in-1 Food Preservation System is rated out of 5 by 16.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Firemanrik from Do not buy Vacuum pump works but no matter what I do doesn't vacuum air out of bag, tried everything manual said. Bad buy!
Date published: 2018-06-20
Rated 1 out of 5 by RTL444 from Quit working after only 6 months?! We loved this - until it died a mere 6 months after buying it. Just like many of the other reviews, it stopped vacuuming and even though it is under warranty, we have to pay to ship it back. Being our first Foodsaver, I just don't know if it is worth the cost and effort to ship it back and hope the refurb we get in exchange will be any better. It seems as though MANY people have had this same issue. Very disappointing to say the least.
Date published: 2018-06-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by Shami905 from Love this model!! I have one already and love it so much I bought my son one for his birthday. He’s used mine and this was the only thing he asked for.
Date published: 2018-06-08
Rated 5 out of 5 by Larrys2011 from Awesome product I have used this product for years and bought a new one for the pulse feature to prolong the life of lettuce.
Date published: 2018-05-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by Susanv from Same experience - quits vacuuming This is my third Foodsaver vacuum sealer. The others were great and used a lot without a problem. After a few uses, this one quit vacuuming. It would vacuum a little and then quit! A total piece of junk IMHO. When I contacted the company I was told to box it up and send it to them - at my expense! So much for their warranty. After reading these reviews, it appears the non vacuuming is a problem they are aware of!
Date published: 2018-04-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by Wetaged from Small seal line, fast sealer This is my fourth vacuum sealer and by far the best. Makes a smaller seal strip and will accept a once used bag where the edge has started to curl.
Date published: 2018-04-02
Rated 5 out of 5 by MilwMike from Best Foodsaver ever I've owned 4 Foodsavers and this one actually was a warranty replacement for another model that was no longer available. I confess I hated it at first but that was because I hadn't mastered the technique needed to begin sealing. Once I learned how to press down on the bar while holding the open end of the bag flat (so simple that now I have no idea what I was doing wrong) the ease of use and lack of wasted roll material made this a winner. The accessory hose does not seem to have as much vacuum as my previous sealers but I hardly ever use that function these days. Now I had to say below I got this for free but that is not accurate because it was a warranty replacement item and I sure paid full price for the other FoodSaver.
Date published: 2018-03-27
Rated 1 out of 5 by NickM from This is a piece of garbage! I've bought 2 of these from Costco. 1st one did not work out of the box (that should have been my sign). Took it back and got a 2nd one. Used it to seal about 10 packages of meat and it worked fine. Just pulled it out of the pantry (after a few months of non-use) to seal some more meats and it will not vacuum seal at all. A complete waste of money!!
Date published: 2018-03-20