Sous Vide Miso Chili Flank Steak Recipe
1 Hour 40 Minutes
With the rich flavors from the miso steak marinade, this tasty flank steak recipe is cooked to perfection with a sous vide machine. Use a FoodSaver® Gallon Vacuum Seal Precut Bag to marinate your steak in minutes.
Featured Product: FoodSaver FM5000 Vacuum Sealer System
- 2 tbsp white miso paste
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp chili paste
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1 flank steak, 2 to 2 1/2 lbs.
- Stir together miso paste, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili paste, salt, and pepper. Add flank steak and marinade to FoodSaver Gallon Vacuum Seal Precut Bag. Vacuum seal in bag according to appliance guidelines.
- Fill cooking pot with water. Add sous vide machine; set to 130 to 135 degrees F for medium-rare. Lower vacuumed steak bag into heated water, weighing down to submerge, if necessary. Set timer to 1 1/2 hours.
- Carefully remove bag from water; let stand for 5 minutes before opening and removing flank steak.
- Preheat grill to high heat; grease grate well. Grill flank steak for 1 to 2 minutes per side or until well-marked and heated through. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes; slice thinly.
- If not grilling steaks right away, refrigerate, or freeze (thaw in fridge before cooking).
- Serve slices of steak on a bed of rice or noodles, with stir-fried veggies, or in sandwiches or wraps.
Per 1/6 recipe
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 4g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Total Sugars 1g
Vitamin D 0mcg
✔ Good source of iron
✔Good source of potassium
Nutrition note: estimated 25% of the marinade is used for the steak with the remainder discarded.
Lunch And Dinner