V3800 Series SmartSeal™
What is SmartSeal™ Technology?
What is the CrushFree™ Instant Seal?
What is the Ten Minute Quick Marinate Cycle?
What is the Tray Full indicator?
Why does my new FoodSaver® with SmartSeal™ Technology seem slower than my older FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System?
Why is the Moist Food indicator flashing?
How do I clean the appliance?
Remove Drip Tray by lifting the tabs on each end. The Upper Bag Detection Tray has two pivoting flags for bag detection. Remove Bag Detection Tray by lifting the tabs on each end. Do not pull on the Upper Bag Detection Flags to remove the Upper Bag Detection Tray. Wash trays in warm soapy water or place in top rack of dishwasher, allow trays to dry completely and replace into appliance.
Before closing appliance: Firmly snap the left side of the Lower Drip Tray down. Make sure the lower Foam Gasket is firmly seated into the gasket channel. Upper Bag Detection Tray MUST be inserted to use the appliance. Without the Upper Bag Detection Tray, your FoodSaver® appliance will not the detect bag when inserted in the Vacuum Channel.
Why is the Seal Indicator Flashing?
a. Check power cord to see if it is firmly plugged into an electrical outlet.
b. Examine power cord for any damages.
c. See if electrical outlet is working by plugging in another appliance.
d. Check to be certain the Upper Bag Detection Tray is properly inserted.
e. Check to ensure Release Buttons are properly latched.
f. Check to ensure Foam Gasket is properly inserted into gasket channel.
g. Check Gaskets around to make sure they are free from food material.
h. Lower Drip Tray must be firmly snapped into place.
i. If overheated, allow appliance to cool for 20 minutes.
How do I clean the gaskets and how often should I clean them?
How do I operate the Bag Opener?
The Bag opener is a handy and convenient way to open sealed bags.
- 1. Press Bag Opener to extend (press again to retract Bag Opener for storage).
- 2. Fold end of bag to create a loop with the sealed bag so the Heat Sealed area is above the cutter.
- 3. Hold bag taught with two hands and pull bag through the cutter.
How does the new FoodSaver® with SmartSeal™ Technology sense the different types of food for best heat seal?
How is my new FoodSaver® with SmartSeal™ Technology faster than previous FoodSaver® appliances?
I am having trouble inserting the bag on my new FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System with Exclusive SmartSeal™ Technology
Make certain all packing materials have been removed. Make certain the drip tray, bag detection tray and foam gasket are inserted correctly.
Check the following before first use:
- Remove tape and discard the cardboard inserts packed inside the appliance.
- To do so, completely open the appliance to access the bag detection trays. First, open the appliance front door by pulling both sides towards you. Then, press gray Release Buttons and rotate housing away from you allowing it to rest on the counter.
- 1. That all packaging has been removed from inside appliance.
- 2. The lower foam gasket is firmly seated into the gasket channel.
- 3. The lower drip tray is firmly snapped into place.
- 4. The upper bag detection tray is snapped into place.
- Close the appliance and you are now ready to begin enjoying the benefits of your FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System.