Tandoori Marinade for Chicken Recipe
A popular Southeast Asian dish, tandoori chicken is sure to spice up dinnertime. This chicken curry is rich in flavors, including cumin, coriander, and garam masala. The yogurt adds to the richness of the flavors, and also helps temper the spiciness of the tandoori sauce.
Featured Product: FoodSaver® Handheld Sealer
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs or 4 whole chicken legs
- Tandoori Marinade: Mix together yogurt, oil, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, paprika, garam masala, cumin, coriander, curry powder, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Tandoori Chicken: Fill a FoodSaver Container with the marinade and chicken; turn the valve to the marinate setting, connect the FoodSaver Handheld Sealer and press the Marinate button. Allow the sealer to run a 12-minute cycle to infuse chicken with marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Fit baking sheet with rack; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken thighs on rack.
- Bake chicken for 30 to 40 minutes or until instant-read meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of inner thigh without touching bone registers 165 degrees F.
Tip: This marinade is a classic for chicken, but you can use it on lamb, seafood, and veggies, such as cauliflower, eggplant and zucchini too.
Lunch And Dinner