3. the bag in the water bath, making sure not to block the intake or output sections of the sous vide, and cook for the desired time (1 to 4 hours).
4. Remove pork chops from bag and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Pat them very dry with paper towels then season again with salt and pepper.
5. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
6. Once sizzling hot, add pork chops and sear for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until golden. Add butter and garlic and herbs (if using).
7. Flip the pork chops and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer, while continually spooning the butter mixture over the chops. Remove from skillet and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
If cooking pork chops from frozen, add 1 hour to the cook time. You can easily double this recipe. The cook time will remain the same, but the amount of oil, butter and herbs & garlic used should be doubled as well.