Ingredients: • 2 boneless pork chops 1 ½ inches thicker
• Salt & Pepper
• 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil or canola oil
• 2 Tablespoons butter
• 3 smashed garlic cloves (optional)
• Fresh herbs Rosemary, Thyme, etc. (optional)
1. Set sous vide to 140-degrees.
2. Slide the pork chops into a FoodSaver bag and FoodSaver vacuum sealer. Alternatively, you can use the water displacement method.
3. the bag in the water bath, making sure not to block the intake or output sections of the sous vide, and cook for the desired time (1 to 4 hours).
4. Remove pork chops from bag and place on a paper towel-lined plate. Pat them very dry with paper towels then season again with salt and pepper.
5. Heat oil in a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
6. Once sizzling hot, add pork chops and sear for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until golden. Add butter and garlic and herbs (if using).
7. Flip the pork chops and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute longer, while continually spooning the butter mixture over the chops. Remove from skillet and let rest 5 minutes before serving.
If cooking pork chops from frozen, add 1 hour to the cook time. You can easily double this recipe. The cook time will remain the same, but the amount of oil, butter and herbs & garlic used should be doubled as well.