Red Wine & Rosemary Marinade for Beef Stew Recipe
This Mediterranean-inspired marinade is the perfect match for a comforting beef stew and makes a hearty meal the whole family will enjoy.
Featured Product: FoodSaver® Preserve & Marinate Vacuum Containers
Red Wine & Rosemary Marinade:
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
Red Wine Marinated Beef Stew:
- 3 lbs. stewing beef
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 lbs. small potatoes
- 2 lbs. carrots, cut into large chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Red Wine Marinade: Stir together red wine, oil, rosemary, mustard, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Red Wine Marinated Beef Stew: Fill FoodSaver® Milti-Use Handheld Vacuum Sealer with the marinade and beef; turn the valve to the marinate setting, remove the liquid reservoir, connect the FoodSaver Handheld Sealer and press the Marinate button. Allow the sealer to run a 12-minute cycle to infuse beef with marinade.
- Remove beef from marinade, reserving marinade.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Melt butter in Dutch oven or large ovenproof saucepan set over medium heat; cook onion and celery for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to soften. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Slowly whisk in beef broth and tomato paste; bring to boil.
- Add stewing beef and reserved marinade to pan; cover and bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours or until beef is just tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots. Cover and return to oven; cook for 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is tender enough to cut with a fork.
- Stir in peas; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with parsley.
Tip: Use this marinade with beef, lamb, chicken, pork, or turkey. Grill or roast meats, or turn into stews, with the flavorful addition of the marinade as in this recipe.
Per 1/6 recipe
Total Fat 24g
Saturated Fat 9g
Dietary Fiber 10g
Total Sugars 11g
Vitamin D 0.9mcg
✔ Excellent source of iron
Lunch And Dinner