Monte Cristo Stuffed Chicken Breasts Recipe
Stuffed with ham and Swiss cheese, these flavorful Monte Cristo chicken breasts can be prepped, vacuum sealed, and frozen to create an impressive dinner any night of the week.
Featured Product: FoodSaver® Handheld Vacuum Sealer
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 tsp butter, cut into cubes
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, 5 to 7 ounces each
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp pesto
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- Place ham slices on work surface; top with cheese slice. Place cube of butter in center; set aside.
- On clean work surface, pat chicken dry with paper towel. Without cutting all the way through, slice each chicken breast in half, lengthwise through center, keeping one edge intact so it opens like a book.
- Spread each open chicken breast with mustard and pesto; season with thyme, salt, and pepper. Place ham package in center of chicken breast. Fold chicken over to enclose filling.
- Vacuum seal each chicken breast individually in a FoodSaver Zipper Bag using the FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum Sealer according to appliance guidelines.
- Refrigerate for up to 24 hours, or freeze (thaw in refrigerator before cooking).
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange stuffed chicken breasts on parchment paper–lined baking sheet; coat with cooking spray or drizzle with oil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Substitute aged cheddar cheese or Gruyère cheese for Swiss if desired
- Serve with cranberry sauce, mango chutney, garlic aioli, or raspberry jam mixed with a touch of cider vinegar to balance out the sweetness
Per 1 stuffed chicken breast
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 7g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Total Sugars 0g
Vitamin D 0.4mcg
✔ Good source of calcium
Nutrition note: nutrition is based on 6-oz. chicken breasts (24oz total raw weight).
Lunch And Dinner