Mexican Street Corn Recipe
This versatile seasoned Mexican corn makes a great base or side dish.
Featured Product: FoodSaver® VS1100 Space Saving Vacuum Sealer
• 4 cups fresh corn kernels, blanched, drained, and cooled completely
• 2 tbsp lime zest
• 4 tsp ground cumin
• 2 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp salt
1.Toss together corn, lime zest, cumin, chili powder, and salt.
2. Vacuum seal in 4 individual FoodSaver Bags or Containers according to appliance guidelines. Refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze.
• To blanch corn kernels, cook in saucepan of boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender; drain well
• Use Mexican Street Corn as a base or addition to salads, soups, sandwiches and fillings
• To serve as a side dish, heat 1 cup corn in saucepan set over medium heat for 2 to 5 minutes or until warmed through. Drizzle with 1 tbsp sour cream or mayonnaise, sprinkle with 2 tbsp shredded or crumbled cheese (Monterey Jack, cotija cheese, or feta cheese), and garnish with 1 tbsp finely chopped cilantro or thinly sliced green onions; serve with lime wedges
Per 1/4 recipe
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Dietary Fiber 9g
Total Sugars 57g
Vitamin D 1.5mcg
✔ Low in fat
✔ Low in saturated fat