Frozen Chocolate Banana Nice Cream Recipe
This healthy “ice cream” is loaded with yummy chocolate flavor.
Featured Product: FoodSaver® Handheld Vacuum Sealer
- 8 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 cups milk
- Toss together bananas, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Vacuum seal in 4 individual FoodSaver Bags or Containers using the FoodSaver Handheld Vacuum sealer according to appliance guidelines. Freeze immediately for 4 to 6 hours or until firm.
- For each serving, combine 1 portioned bag with 1/2 cup milk in food processor; puree until smooth and creamy.
- To give this “Nice Cream” extra chocolate flavor, fold in a few dark chocolate chips before serving
- Substitute maple syrup for honey if desired
- For mocha flavor, stir in 1 tsp instant espresso powder
- Alternatively, add to blender and use a base for your favorite fruit or coffee smoothies
Per 1/4 recipe
Total Fat 4.5g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Dietary Fiber 9g
Total Sugars 57g
Vitamin D 1.5mcg
✔Low in cholesterol
✔Good source of fiber
✔Good source of potassium