Barbacoa Marinated Beef Stew Recipe
Served with rice and seasoned with spicy chili powder, this tender Mexican stew beef makes a tasty family dinner that everyone will love.
Featured Product: FoodSaver® FM5000 Series 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System and Starter Kit
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp achiote powder or annatto powder
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs. stewing beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium beef broth, for cooking
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro, for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Rice, for serving
- Stir together tomato paste, vinegar, orange zest, orange juice, lime zest, lime juice, achiote powder, ancho chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Toss seasoning mixture with stewing beef, onion, and thyme.
- Seal in FoodSaver bag according to appliance guidelines. Refrigerate for 24 hours, or freeze (thaw in the refrigerator before cooking).
- Add barbacoa beef mixture and beef broth to the Crockpot™ Express Easy Release Pressure Cooker. Lock the lid. Select Pressure Cook/Manual setting on High Pressure for 30 minutes.
- When pressure cooking is complete, Quick Release the pressure.
- Shred meat with 2 forks and stir back into sauce. Serve with cilantro and lime wedges over rice.
- Use barbacoa beef in tacos or add beans and serve as a meaty chili
- Alternatively, cook in a Dutch oven; preheat oven to 325 degrees F and cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until very tender
Per 1/6 recipe
Total Fat 8g
Saturated Fat 3.5g
Dietary Fiber 2g
Total Sugars 2g
Vitamin D 0.1mcg
✔ Good source of iron
✔ Excellent source of potassium
Lunch And Dinner