Sesame Veggie Buddha Bowl Recipe
This healthy veggie bowl makes a satisfying vegetarian lunch or dinner any day of the week.
Featured Product: Microwaveable Meal Prep Bags
• 2 tsp tahini paste
• 2 tsp soy sauce
• 2 tsp lemon juice
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• Pinch salt
• Pinch cayenne pepper
• 2 cups packed chopped kale
• 1 cup cooked and cooled diced sweet potatoes
• 1/4 cup cooked and cooled chickpeas
• 1/4 cup cooked and cooled quinoa
• 1/4 cup cooked and cooled brown rice
• 1/4 cup cooked and cooled barley
1.Whisk together tahini paste, soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, salt and cayenne until smooth; toss with kale, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas until well coated.
2. Toss together quinoa, brown rice and barley until combined.
3. Add veggie mixture to Microwavable Meal Prep Bags; layer grain mixture over top.
4. Vacuum seal in bag using your FoodSaver® vacuum sealer. Freeze for up to 3 months.
5. When ready to cook, place bag printed side down or standing up in microwave oven. Microwave for 5 to 6 minutes. (While cooking, the bag may slowly inflate and deflate. A vent in the bag will allow steam to escape and a slight whistling sound may be heard.)
6. Wait for 30 to 60 seconds before opening carefully.
Tip: Substitute butternut squash for sweet potatoes.
Per 1 bowl
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Dietary Fiber 13g
Total Sugars 19g
Vitamin D 0mcg
✔ Good source of fiber
✔ Good source of potassium