Breakfast Veggie Burrito Recipe
With Tex-Mex flavors, this tasty burrito is great for breakfast or lunch.
• 2 tsp butter
• 2 tsp seeded, diced jalapeño pepper
• 1/2 cup spinach leaves
• 2 eggs, beaten
• Pinch each salt, pepper and garlic powder
• 1 large tortilla (10-inch)
• 2 tbsp guacamole
• 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1/4 cup black beans
• 2 tbsp salsa
1. Melt butter in small nonstick skillet set over medium heat. Cook jalapeño for about 1 minute or until softened. Stir in spinach until wilted. Add eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed. Transfer to plate; let cool completely.
2. Spread guacamole evenly down along center of tortilla, leaving 1-inch border. Top with scrambled eggs, Monterey Jack, black beans and salsa. Fold up bottom of tortilla over filling, then fold in sides and roll up tightly starting from the bottom.
3. Place burrito in Microwavable Meal Prep Bag. Vacuum seal in bag as per FoodSaver® vacuum appliance guidelines. Freeze for up to 3 months.
4. When ready to cook, place bag printed side down in microwave oven. Microwave for 4 to 6 minutes. (While cooking, the bag may slowly inflate and deflate. A vent in the bag will allow steam to escape and a slight whistling sound may be heard.)
5. Wait for 30 to 60 seconds before opening carefully.
Tip:Substitute pinto beans for black beans.
Per 1 burrito
Total Fat 35g
Saturated Fat 15g
Dietary Fiber 8g
Total Sugars 5g
Vitamin D 1.6mcg
✔ Good source of fiber
✔ Good source of calcium
✔ Good source of iron