Spice up your venison with this Mexican twist. Mix and match your favorite summer vegetables with venison for the perfect summer meal.
Ingredients for the seasoning and marinade:
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon powdered garlic or garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
Ingredients for the fajitas:
- 1 1/2 pounds venison
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil (if cooking on skillet)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese
- Sour cream
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in the FoodSaver® Quick Marinator.
- To marinate, simply add food to the canister, secure the lid and connect to the lid’s removable hose to a FoodSaver® vacuum sealing system.
- Drain the marinade from the venison. If you're cooking the fajitas on the skillet, sauté sliced vegetables in the vegetable oil, then add the meat. If you're cooking it on the grill, wrap the sliced meat and vegetables in tin foil and heat it on the grill until the meat is no longer pink.
- Serve hot by adding the mixture to the tortillas and topping it with cheese, sour cream and any of your other favorite fajita fixings!