Vegetable and Venison Stew
A savory meal that's perfect when you need to please a crowd. You can even adapt this recipe based on the type of meat or vegetables you have in your home.
- 2 pounds venison, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped or baby
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the bottom of a saucepan in olive oil and turn the stove to medium heat.
- Add diced onion and garlic to the pan and sauté until the onion is tender.
- Stir in deer meat and, after about two minutes, add your vegetables.
- Stir in water and Worcestershire sauce, then top with your spices.
- Allow the mixture to simmer for about 45 minutes to an hour, stirring occasionally.