Sous Vide Green Beans with Garlic and Coriander
Written by Brian Kavanagh from The Sophisticated Caveman.
Preparing fresh green beans sous-vide with garlic and coriander provides the beans with some incredible flavor without compromising their crisp texture or color.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 1 pound green beans trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper seeded and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoons fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fill and preheat your sous-vide oven to 185°F.
- Place the green beans and red pepper in a quart size sous-vide bag.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, coriander, salt, and pepper. Pour the mixture into the bag and shake it to evenly coat the green beans.
- Vacuum seal the bag with your FoodSaver® sealing system, then submerge it in the water bath for 1 hour.
- Remove the bag and empty it in a serving bowl. Garnish with some more fresh coriander and enjoy!