Your Guide to Holiday Meal Prep
We all know the benefits of meal prepping; less time, money, and waste. Lots of us savor the Sunday ritual, but what about planning our holiday season around meal prep? FoodSaver® takes the stress out of day-of cooking by working ahead of time so you can enjoy what really matters, those faces around the table. Follow these guidelines to dive into the holidays with ease this year:
The FoodSaver® FM5460 2-in-1 Food Preservation System is your hero this year. It makes bags in half the steps*, allowing for ultimate efficiency when cooking ahead. Whether you are storing in the freezer, refrigerator, or pantry, FoodSaver® makes custom-sized, ready-to-use bags to suit all kinds of needs.
*Compared to V4400 Models.
Prep in 1-2-3
Using your FoodSaver®, you can make dishes in advance, seal, freeze, and then finish day-of! No need for a jam-packed week of grocery store trips and staggered cooking. Get a major head start with everything from chopping to marinating while keeping flavors fresh.
1. Collect the Necessities Early
Using FoodSaver®’s Vacuum-Seal Pre-Cut Bags ,you can purchase must-have ingredients early without the worry of them spoiling. Consider buying the following items weeks prior to the holiday-rush:
- Spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger
- Brown sugar, granulated sugar, and confectioners’ sugar
- Nuts like almonds, pecans, and walnuts
- Fresh vegetables like green beans, corn, potatoes, peas, carrots, and celery
FoodSaver®’s air-tight seal keeps food fresh longer in the freezer, fridge, and pantry. Once you have your ingredients purchased, you may seal and store for future usage or get cooking right away!
2. Combine Flavors and Separate Servings
Another way to stay ahead of the holidays is to use a FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealing System to prep some holiday favorites. Simply season your food and use FoodSaver Vacuum-Seal Bags and Rolls to lock in flavor and freshness. Here are some perfect holiday duos:
- Sweet potatoes and cinnamon
- Brussel sprouts and bacon
- Cornmeal with celery, garlic, and onion
- Cranberries with sugar and orange zest
- Sliced oranges, lemons, onion, green bell pepper, parsley, cloves, garlic power, paprika, cinnamon sticks, olive oil with turkey
Once you are ready to enjoy, simply defrost and serve.
3. Cook and Conquer Big Dishes
The FoodSaver® FM5000 Vacuum Sealing System allows you to cook main and side dishes ahead of time while preserving freshness, flavor and texture. Use the built-in handheld sealer with FoodSaver Zipper Bagss to keep homemade cookies fresh.
Don’t forget about breads and pastries. The PulseVac™ feature offers stop-and-start control over the sealing process so soft muffins, rolls, cookies, and bars can be made and perfectly saved!