This flavorful recipe features smoky, spicy marinated venison and vegetables to perfectly highlight your preserved game meat.
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup tomato puree or paste
- 2 pounds venison sirloin
- 1 red or white onion
- 1 zucchini
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 pound mushrooms
- Mix all ingredients for the marinade and allow the cut venison to marinate in the FoodSaver® Quick Marinator about three hours in about two thirds of the marinade. .
- Steam the sliced vegetables and cover them in the rest of the marinade.
- Put the sliced vegetables and venison on skewers and grill them for about 15 minutes or bake them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Brush the marinade left over from the vegetables on the skewers for a little extra flavor.