How to Meal Prep with FoodSaver
Meal Prep with FoodSaver
Many of you may know how helpful a vacuum sealer can be when it comes to keeping your kitchen creations fresh. What you might not have considered is how your FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealer can be used to master meal prep with portioned bags. Make your work in the kitchen easier, faster and fresher (and even more flavorful) with these three ideas.
1. Use FoodSaver® for Weekly Portioning
Love cooking your weekly meals on Sunday, but hate consuming fridge space with bulky containers? FoodSaver® Portion Pouch Heat-Seal Rolls are perforated in the middle; so, you can separate your daily meals and secure them with one sturdy vacuum seal.
2. Use FoodSaver® for Main Courses and Side Dishes
FoodSaver® Portion Pouch Heat-Seal Rolls are perfect for preserving side dishes and main courses together without compromising individual tastes and textures. Barbecue chicken and vegetables, fish and asparagus, steak and sweet potato fries can be sealed together without affecting the flavors.
3. Use FoodSaver® for Food Pairing
There may be times when you want those flavors to mix together. Food pairing is an art that food prep professionals use to create new, exciting dishes. Your FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealer takes culinary crafting to the next level by locking foods in a tight seal, which helps mesh the subtle flavors together. Here are a few delicious duos that are bound to be a crowd-pleaser:
- Butternut squash and lime - perfect for making roast squash with a little zing
- Red bell pepper and strawberry - for a real treat, serve chopped on top of a gourmet cheese
- Cinnamon and thyme - vacuum seal these seasonings together with your chicken for an all-new delicious flavor.
There are dozens of other interesting combos you should explore, and your vacuum sealer can help you take advantage of them all.