Beginner’s Guide to Marinating: Chicken
Though chicken can be prepared many delicious ways, when it comes to planning the perfect summer party, the magic is in the marinade.
A grill master might tell you to set aside a few hours before an event to marinate your meat. But, if you have a FoodSaver® 2-In-1 Vacuum Sealing System with a FoodSaver® Quick Marinator , meat and fish can be marinated in minutes not hours.
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light soy sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. cold water
- Place chicken in the bottom of your FoodSaver® Quick Marinator.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, garlic, ginger and black pepper.
- Pour over chicken in your FoodSaver® Quick Marinator and seal the lid firmly.
- Apply the adapter to the top of the lid and press the MARINATE button.
- After the container is vacuum sealed, take the adapter out and let he meat sit for the desire length of time – just a few minutes
- Place chicken on the grill, and cook until done.