Caprese Sandwich Recipe
With Italian flavors, this simple sandwich delivers big flavors that the whole family will enjoy for lunch or as a snack.
• 2 tbsp sliced sun-dried tomatoes, packed in oil
• 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
• 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp thinly sliced fresh basil
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 demi-baguette, cut in half lengthwise
1. Pat sun-dried tomatoes with paper towel to remove excess oil. Stir together sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella, Parmesan, basil and garlic powder.
2. Sandwich mixture in demi-baguette. Cut sandwich in half.
3. Place burrito in Microwavable Meal Prep Bag. Vacuum seal in bag as per FoodSaver® vacuum appliance guidelines. Freeze for up to 3 months.
4. When ready to cook, place bag printed side down in microwave oven. Microwave for 2 to 3 minutes. (While cooking, the bag may slowly inflate and deflate. A vent in the bag will allow steam to escape and a slight whistling sound may be heard.)
5. Wait for 30 to 60 seconds before opening carefully.
Tip:Substitute a 6-inch piece of whole baguette or ciabatta bun for the demi-baguette if desired.
Per 1 sandwich
Total Fat 17g
Saturated Fat 9g
Dietary Fiber 6g
Total Sugars 1g
Vitamin D 0.3mcg
✔ Good source of fiber
✔ Excellent source of calcium
✔ Good source of iron
Lunch And Dinner