Apple Braised Pork Chops
- 4 center-cut bone-in pork chops, about ½-inch thick (about 1½ lbs. total)
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 apples, peeled and chopped (such as Royal Gala, Cortland or Spy, Honey Crisp)
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- Cracked black pepper, for serving (optional)
- 1. Pat pork chops dry with paper towel. Season all over with salt, pepper and cinnamon; add to FoodSaver® Bag. Add apples, shallots, brown sugar, and bay leaf to FoodSaver® Bag.
- 2. Seal FoodSaver® Bag and freeze. When you’re ready to cook, thaw overnight in your refrigerator before placing the meal into your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
- 3. To cook, add thawed ingredients to Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker with apple cider and apple cider vinegar.
- 4. Cover, cook on low heat setting for 6-8 hours or until pork chops are tender. Garnish with parsley and freshly cracked black pepper.
Freeze and Sealing Directions:
- 1. Add all of your ingredients to a gallon-size FoodSaver® Bag: be sure to place the meat in last, so it’s the first ingredient added into your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
- 2. When you’re ready to cook, thaw overnight before placing the recipe into your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
Substitute apple juice for the apple cider if desired.